Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Friday, September 25, 2009

What's on the hooks?

Our church Shawl Ministry is always willing to take up new projects when requested. Along with shawls for people in the hospitals, nursing homes, or recovering at home; and shawls for family members who've suffered a death in the family; then the church got a request for soft chemo hats; after that the group started making white shawls/blankets for each baby baptized in the church; then we started making afghans in school colors for each high school graduate. Our latest? We're making black hats for the members of the Church's Puppet Ministry. That was my focus for this week. I'm using the pattern that I developed for the chemo hats, a basic close-fitting hat made with double crochets. Although I will admit that about half-way through I get bored and decide to add some fun stitches in the last few rows.

I'm also adding a few rows everyday to the Tunisian baby afghan. This item doesn't have a specific place to go when finished, I just love the stitch pattern and color.

I'm a happy crocheter!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home