Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Tumbling Clusters Autumn Scarf

My friend Dee designed this really cool scarf using linked stitches. This is a technique that she taught at the Chain Link Conference in Buffalo in August. I took the class and was amazed at the fun things you can do by linking different stitches together. I've been playing around with ideas and have a start on a doily, a baby hat, and maybe a shawl.
I purchased the pattern via a PDF download, and got started immediately. It took a little bit of time reading, thinking, stitching and re-reading,...but it clicked. And yesterday I finished a scarf in a pretty pink. I took a picture, but not sure when I'll do the technical stuff and get them posted.
edited Sept. 14th to add photo:


This is the first of the scarves that our CGOA Chapter will be working on as part of Dee's 60 Scarves in 60 Days Challenge. But, when I checked Ravelry last night, they already had 30 scarves completed, just since Sept. 1! Bernat announced their Knit & Crochet Breast Cancer Collection just the day before I read about Dee's Challenge for 2009. The ads for the yarns look pretty, and I've heard that the local AC Moore has it. Will need to do some shopping this week. Although hubby will bemoan that I'm buying "more yarn". Just a little, for charity projects...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home