Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Sunday, June 28, 2009

I've never been dsylexic...

but lately I seem to find the wackiest things in some of my writing. Look at this sentence in the last post "I'm awaiting ready" I think that I must have meant that "I'm already waiting". Maybe I'm not dsylexic, I just need more caffeine...or maybe less caffeine and more sleep...

Crochet-wise what's one the hooks? I'm working on two baby sweaters as part of a CAL in our CGOA Chapter. They are from the Lion Brand website, and the pattern is Short and Sweet Child's Cardigan.

Then I'm swatching some new fibers as part of a Ravelry Learn Crochet group CAL. They're doing a Learn Symbol Crochet Mystery CAL. I'm swatching the stitch pattern in Plymouth Wildflower DK, a cotton acrylic blend that is soft and has good stitch definition. Then I'm also swatching a Jarbo Garn Tropik, which is a bamboo, cotton, acrylic blend. The yarn is soft, has a nice sheen and great stitch definition. Too bad that it's the only skein in my stash. I bought the skein at A Likely Yarn in Abingdon, VA. I only wanted to play a little and find out how it worked up, etc. Now I wish that I had enough to do this Mystery CAL. I think that I have nothing in the stash with enough yardage for this project...must make trip to LYS.

I also have a whole couch full of swatches for a baby afghan in Tunisian. Lots of ideas, most look great, but not sure that I have the perfect combination yet. Back to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home