Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Friday, May 08, 2009

Another week or more without a blog entry...

Does that mean that there's nothing crochet-related that's happening? That's unlikely. What it means is that I've been working on things, and forgetting to write.

Thursday evening was our CGOA Chapter meeting. I've spent a lot of time researching great pages that I was allowed to print and handout to the group. I've also taken a lot of time to make notes for the meeting, plan an agenda, and gather yarn samples. Then I posted meeting information to the Chapter via our Yahoo group, and sent emails to some people who haven't been to meetings recently. We're starting a new CAL project and thought that several of them might be interested. After the meeting, I typed up meeting notes and posted those to the group. So I've been busy with paperwork.

I also finished the baby dress in bamboo. I didn't like the final round of trim on the collar, so I made up something else. I liked that so much, that I pulled out a round from each sleeve and put the new edging there, and then pull that edging around the bottom of the skirt. And it was a long way around there! I put 3 round, white buttons on the back, and a white heart-shaped button on the front between the two collar points. It's very cute, and my husband say I shouldn't give it away. "You put too much time into that. Save it." I don't know exactly what I'm saving it for, but maybe there will be a new baby in the extended family sometime. I'm not holding my breath.

Also I had a doily that I put down midway through the final round. I've avoided finishing it for a long time. When I picked it up this week, I realized why. I wasn't happy with the final round. It seemed to be puffy stitches hanging in mid-air. I finally decided to pull that round out, and then decided that I'd pull the next one out, too. Then started experimenting with how to finish it. I like the results. Now I must! get some photos - baby dress, doily, 2 sweaters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home