Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Saturday, May 09, 2009

New CALs

I've been thinking that it was time for another Crochet-a-Long (CAL) on the Ravelry Learn Crochet group. We had a great time, and great learning experience with the Divine Hat, wasn't that in December? So when the chatter started about a CAL, and several people suggested a bag for summer, well I had to jump in and offer to lead a CAL. I'm an instructor and moderator for the group. So, I posted that I'd be willing to do a CAL, and opened a discussion on suggestions. Last night we decided to do the "Sweet Pea Tote Bag".
Tonight's chatter is about yarns and yarn substitutions. I had to dive into the stash to see what I had. I used or gave away most of my Sugar' n Cream for dishclothes before the Gathering of the Guild. I've got a cone of beige with some blue & burgundy flecks, wow, that's left from a Conference about 4 years ago! I also have some blue Cotton Ease that's been around for a long time, and some variegated blue Cadiz that's a round cord-like fiber. I had been saving these two together in the same bag, thinking about making a purse, so this might be a good time to use up that stash!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home