Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Crochet article by Dora Ohrenstein

"Summer is Crochet Season" is a wonderful, crochet-positive article about yarn companies that are featuring crochet patterns and crochet support. Some of the companies mentioned in Dora's article are Tahki•Stacy Charles, Universal Yarn, Nashua Handknits, Garn-studio/DROPS Design, and Caron International. I LOVE the crochet designs on the Garn-studio/DROPS Design website, I've drooled over many for years, it's time that I selected one and actually made it! I feel that Caron has recently come into the crochet world with it's manufacture and support of the NatuallyCaron products Country and Spa. Some of the designers mentioned - Doris Chan, Vashti Braha and Kristin Omdahl! I've made a summer top with Spa and absolutely love it. I'm trying to decide on another project with this fiber.

Universal Yarns is developing a pattern line with Mary Beth Temple, to be called Hooked for Life, the name of her recent book. The article includes a photo of a mesh-y cardigan in raspberry worn over a white, raspberry print dress,...to die for!
This should be a fabulous line, I can't wait to see the designs.

The article includes links to many of the websites, so I'm off to shop, and drool over patterns!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home