Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Thursday, September 04, 2008

60 Scarves in 60 Days Challenge

In a recent newsletter, there was an article about crocheting or knitting scarves for the Winter Special Olympics Games. The scarves are to be made of Red Heart Super Saver yarn in White and Delft Blue, using any pattern you want. I like to make scarves because they are quick projects, and I can be as creative as I want. I especially love to use new Tunisian stitch patterns to create unique scarves.

At the Harrisburg CGOA meeting last Thursday I presented the idea of all of us working to make scarves for this event. Our group doesn't have an "official" charity that we all work on projects for, because everyone in the group was already busy making items for their favorite charities. Well, this is a short-term project, all scarves need to be shipped in time to arrive at the even by mid-January. And, as I said, scarves are quick and we can all do something different. It will be fun to see what everyone has create when we get together at the meetings for the next few months. Shelby had her copy of Donna Kooler's Encyclopedia of Crochet and found a few stitch patterns that look a little like the Olympic rings!

Today, while catching up on blog readings, I found that Dee has issued her 60 Scarves in 60 Days Challenge. Dee, I'll take you up on the Challenge and start working on scarves for Special Olympics. The biggest challenge for me, will be to get that 60 Scarves logo into my sidebar! My #2 daughter who's done a lot of that work for me is working out of state for the year. Maybe daughter #1 can help? Check back soon to see if you see the 2008 60 Scarves logo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home