Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Saturday, August 09, 2008

Field Trip - Maggie Weldon's Lace Pottery

Earlier this summer I sent an email to my mom that said that while I was in North Carolina I'd like to take a field trip to see this Lace Pottery. We sent emails around to other family members and put it on our Definite Things to Do List. Yesterday we traveled to my brother's home in the Greensboro area, and gathered more family members and loaded up my van.
In on this field trip with me were my mom, my sister, 2 sisters-in-law, and a niece. The Lace Pottery store is in Kernersville, which was about 1/2 hour away.
Along with looking at all the lovely lace pottery, and most of us selecting one or more pieces for purchase, we were able to see some of the process of making these gorgeous pieces. I purchased two small plates, and hope to have a picture up soon.
I also got the chance to meet Maggie Weldon! and talk to her about crocheting, the Harrisburg CGOA chapter, and getting a custom piece made. Maggie and I had our picture taken together, and she posted it to
"her blog!"
If you get a chance to see some of Maggie's beautiful pottery don't miss that chance!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home