Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Lacy Flowers motif

This entry might be subtitled "Looking at things a little differently". Today, I was looking at a runner that I started earlier this year in #10 thread. (See the entry for March 12, 2008).


I have also been thinking about what I could make with the remaining NaturallyCaron Spa, the bamboo/acrylic blend that I used for the Ring Around the Posie top. I have 3balls of the Spa in a color called Ocean Spray, I think it also could be called Seafoam green. I also have one ball of yellow from a class at the Conference. Probably not enough to make a top, or a shawl, but I thought that maybe if I used the yellow for flowers, and the green for leaves, that I could buy some white and create a motif design. Then I could join the motifs and make a top. So I tried the yellow and green in the Lacy Flowers motif pattern from the runner. This is beautiful, I think that it might make a lovely and soft afghan, throw, or bedspread.

Notice how different this motif looks by changing the size and type of fiber, and using a single color or changing colors.

Whoops, while checking out this post, I clicked each picture and looked at the large photo. I noticed that on the last round of the green I actually skipped several single crochets before the final joining. I'm glad that I was only swatching for ideas and hadn't joined this into a major project as is!

3 Comments:

At Tuesday, August 19, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Someone left a comment requesting the source of the Lacy Flowers motif.
Here's the address:
http://www.artoftangle.com/lacy_flower_runner.htm
I sent the link to the person who posted, then removed the comment in order to protect her email address.

 
At Saturday, September 15, 2012, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am not understanding how to put
the blocks together.
Do you have a site showing in picture form or video how you do it?

 
At Saturday, September 15, 2012, Blogger Jane's Hooked on Crochet said...

The blocks are joined on the last round of each motif. The instructions are included in the pattern.
Try a web search for "join as you go".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home