Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Friday, November 30, 2007


When I showed the Amazing Star hexagon to my husband, he said that he liked it. He suggested changing the pink to a red for a Christmas afghan. Since my greens were not bright, true greens, I thought that I'd go for a Victorian Christmas look. I changed the pink to a cranberry color, and the bright white to a soft white. The border round I changed from dark green to the cranberry. Again, the colors that I'm seeing on my moniter look nothing like the actual yarn colors. Maybe they're better on yours! The center and outside round are a deep cranberry.
I made up the new hexagon at the CGOA chapter meeting tonight. Everyone was fascinated by the process, and Crystal asked to braid the chain loops. Here is the completed hexagon, I love it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home