Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Small square in progress




and completed!

On my scanner the darker color looks blue, but it is pure purple (Red Heart Amethyst).
I think that an afghan made out of these blocks would look like a quilt. What if you made half the squares with the light color in the center and border, and the other half with the dark color in the center and border; then alternate them when you join the squares. This would also make an awesome "scrap" ghan, blocks of 2 shades of purple, 2 blues, 2 greens, 2 yellows,...oh the possibilities. I think this would make an adorable baby afghan, also.

1 Comments:

At Thursday, November 29, 2007, Blogger HumorMe said...

Wow, that looks like a fascinating technique, one I'll have to try. Now I have to go back and see if you mentioned the book for it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home