Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Another busy crochet week

After Sunday's Yarn Event at Michaels, there was Monday's Shawl Ministry. I finished three 7 x 9 blocks on those two evenings. Tuesday was crocheting at Borders night. Since then I've received some new Leisure Arts patterns books that I ordered online, or won on eBay. I've practiced some new stitch patterns by making more 7 x 9 blocks. I have a total of 12 since Sunday!
Today was Class Preview Day at Michaels. I brought several Tunisian stitch books along, and started several 7 x 9 blocks in fun patterns. I started with the Shells and Columns, I think it's my favorite. I was working it in a light raspberrry. It seemed to catch a lot of eyes, many people asked what I was doing and commented on how beautiful the stitch was. I got a lot of opportunity to discuss Tunisian. Next I started a block of my own design, with alternating knit and purl stitches to form a bottom border, then sides borders (knit/purl) and a body of Tunisian knit. I then started a basketweave. Those show a variety of Tunisian stitches. I'll have to finish those three blocks tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home