Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Michaels Yarn Event

Tomorrow is the Yarn Event at Michaels, where I teach Tunisian crochet. It's running from 1 to 6 pm, and there will be 2 of us demonstrating lighted crochet hooks and knitting needles, new yarns, and the Knifty Knitter. I will mostly be demonstrating crochet, and some free patterns for baby hats and cell phone covers. I have been practicing with the pattern for the baby hat, I have 2 1/2 finished so far.
Then I've "designed" a granny square, and I'm making several to donate to member of one of the on-line groups that I belong to. I made two this evening, and hope to make at least two more. I put "designed" in quotes, because it's nothing unique, just a typical granny-style square.
After that I'm going to make some more 7 x 9 blocks for Warm Up America. I usually donate this at the Michaels, but this time our Shawl Ministry is discussing a display at a local community event to highlight groups that benefit the comunity.
By the time I get these items done, it will probably be time to get busy preparing for the next CGOA Chapter meeting. The November meeting with be a planning and working meeting to start preparing for the upcoming "Gathering of the Guilds", hosted by the "Keystone Lace Guild".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home