Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Blocks for Warm Up America

I'm sending off the blocks that I've finished, a total of 16 from Sunday through Wednesday! I found out few interesting things...
1) The stitch called the "bushy stitch" in "63 Easy-to-Crochet Patterns Stitches Combine to Make an Heirloom Afghan" is the same basic stitch pattern as the Flying V's at the Warm Up America website. However, the Flying V's has a ch 3 at the beginning of the rows, and a dc at the end. This creates a nice straight left and right edge, while the Bushy stitch has a shell-like edge.
2) I really love the Trinity stitch in the 63 Easy...Stitches book. I might use this for a baby blanket.
3) I really love the Star stitch.
4) I never get enough time to try all the beautiful stitch patterns in all the books.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home