Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

I guess 5 hours straight crocheting Michaels wasn't enough. I went home and made two blocks for Warm Up America. Last night was Shawl Ministry night and I made another block. I tried a new stitch pattern called Flying V's; this is really nice, I think it would make a great baby blanket.

Tonight was crocheting at Borders. I finished the scarf I started at the Yarn Event Sunday and dropped it off at Michaels for display. I spent most of the evening helping others with learning to crochet, and a refresher. Oh, and drooling over the stack of books and magazines that Faith bought at the thrift store. There was a Magic Crochet that had some beautiful motifs, and doilies; and a book of doiles from House of White Birches, I'll put that in my eBay search.

The mail was super great today. I received the double-ended wooden Tunisian hook I won on eBay, can't wait to give that a try. Also, several Leisure Arts booklets, one the replacement 52 Tunisian Stitches book. I'll probably jump into that one tonight. Then, the latest Crochet! magazine. Haven't had time to even flip through that, maybe tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home