Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

New technique

Tonight at our crocheting in public (Borders), I tried a new technique from a leaflet I recently purchased. The patterns are called "Amazing Star Afghans". There are 4 motifs for afghans; two squares, one hexagon, and one a circle. The motifs feature a short chain loops between groups of stitches, and you lace the loops up to create a look that's a little like a cable. The really interesting part, is that you start at the outside of the motif and work rows toward the inside. I must admit that the work in progress didn't look like the motif shown, I had to take it on faith. I started with the hexagonal motif, and I really love the finished motif, the texture is amazing. I think I might like to do this as a future "It's All about the Purple" afghan - amethyst, pale plum, white and bright pink. I think it would make an awesome baby blanket, and I do need to make one of those in the springtime. 2 shades of green, white and yellow? After finishing the hexagon, I started on the small square motif, I didn't get very far, so will probably work on this a little in the morning.
I'm already thinking about how this will look in thread, possibly a small doily, or join several motifs to create a runner.



The colors are dark sage, light sage, white and petal pink. On my moniter the white and pink look too much alike. It's much brighter in reality. Can't wait to work up some of the other motifs. This is too much like playing!!

2 Comments:

At Monday, February 28, 2011, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Would love to purchase the pattern! Can you point me in the right direction? :-)

 
At Monday, February 28, 2011, Blogger Jane's Hooked on Crochet said...

The booklet is titled "Amazing Star Afghans" is was published by JAO.
The only source that I've located is:
http://cgi.ebay.com/JAO-KNIT-CROCHET-PATTERNS-Your-Choice-Just-4-99-EACH-/360289\
773210

 

Post a Comment

<< Home