Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Catching Up??

I've missed having time to write, time to look for interesting things to share, etc.
But the dance studio had their show on Saturday, June 24th. I worked all day, Sat. 17th, Picture day. I did my daughter's usual job, as she's away at college, taking summer classes. The owner's mom took over my job, we're the "office staff". The boss did make like a lot easier on Picture day by setting up a web site where students & parents can view pictures & order their pictures & pay for them right on line. That saved about a 10 inch stack of order forms, checks, receipts, etc. Can't wait till the pictures have been uploaded! I also worked Monday evening, picture day, and Wednesday evening (my usual work night). And I tutor 2 girls on Wed. Around that I crocheted fast and furious to get the afghan finished in time to display at the show, so we could start selling raffle tickets. The show was Sat. evening and I worked the ticket table, the concession stand, and got some time to slip inside and watch some of the dances. My daughter came home Friday afternoon and worked dress rehearsal and backstage for the show. We went out to dinner together Friday after dress rehearsal and Sat night after the show. She had to head back early Sunday morning, so she could study for a Monday morning test. Summer sesssions, they're really tough!

The afghan turned out beautiful! After much swatching, I finally decided to join the squares with dark orchid and a modified flat braid joining. Because of this change, I decided that the border needed some changing, too. I used the pale plum and put on a row of sc, ch 1, skip 1; then a row of dc in each sc and each ch. I'm not totally thrilled with the border, I think it needs a little more "punch" to go with the body of the afghan. So, very soon I will frog that last border round and try another idea. Will hopefully get some pictures up very soon.

Working on way too many projects, have too many ideas, and homework to do before the conference in King of Prussia.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home