Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Flat Braid join

I've been thinking about how I want to join these squares and what color I want to use. I usually just whipstitch the squares together into a strip, then use the whipstitch to join the strips together. But, I've been thinking of using a method that will add some interest and texture to the joining. Yesterday, while reading my many group digests, someone suggested the Flat Braid method, and I thought that might be the way to go with this afghan. So, I was thinking white or the Plum Pudding. The white would go with all the shades of purple, and the white, because I have edges in 4 different purples, white and the Plum Pudding. I thought using the PP might be too much color, you know - a variegated joining on a variegated border. So, I'm trying this joining method with the PP and with white.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home