Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Shawl Ministry on local news

I told you that the local newspaper, The Patriot News was at our Shawl Ministry meeting in April. The article is online, and I read it there, but last night I got to see the actual pages of the paper. My name is mentioned, in identifying a group of women, however, I'm not actually in the picture. At last night's meeting the local news was there, with reporter and camera man. They interviewed the lady who started the Ministry at our church, Derry Presbyterian. They also interviewed a lady who was a recipient of a shawl, who became interested in the group, and decided to pick up a hobby she had loved years ago, crochet. Despite having ms, she's found a tool to hold her work while she uses one hand for her hook, and she's crocheting again. I saw part of the news, (Fox 43 at 10), but didn't see the spot, it was perhaps bumped because a football player was in a motorcycle accident, that seemed to be the big news last night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home