Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Friday, June 09, 2006

Online crochet groups

I joined 2 new online crochet groups yesterday, both are mainly related to thread work. The first is "Celt's Vintage Crochet" their motto is "Saving our crochet history one pattern at a time." I definitely want to be a part of that. I spent a lot of time yesterday looking over the site, looking at all the pictures, and reading messages.
The second group I joined is "Doily of the Month" I'm eager to spend time seeing what's posted at this group's site. I really love making doilies & looking at them, but don't keep very many around the house. Sometimes I select one to put under a cookie jar that's being displayed. I put out different jars for different seasons or holidays.

I also belong to the "Antique Pattern Library" . A few days ago I got an email with the links to the latest books they've scanned and added to the library. One was published in 1883, and is the oldest known instance of using American terminology in patterns. They have some beautiful motifs, want to try making a few from the old patterns.
Online groups are a great way to learn about availanble patterns, new books being published, new techniques, a chance to see other peoples' projects, and to make friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home