Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

CGOA Chain Link conference in King of Prussia

I've received my list of classes for the CGOA conference. I'll be heading out to King of Prussia on Tuesday evening, July 11th. This is a fairly short drive, and very familiar. Probably the first time I'll need to look at directions is a reminder of which hotel I'm in!
Wednesday I'm set for a full day of CGOA Professional Development, 8:30 to 4:30, with lunch, then a session from 7-9 pm. Thursday I have 2 classes with Kathleen Power Johnson, big name in crochet and a serious instructor. I plan to work hard and learn a lot. The classes are Basic Fashion Design with Tunisian Crochet and Advanced Designing with Tunisian Crochet. Friday morning I've taken a break already. Last year I did over do it, you do need an occasional break, some down time to look at the market, have a cup of coffee and chat with new friends, or maybe work on a relaxing project. Friday afternoon I've got a class with Karen Klemp, looking at old patterns with an eye for how we can adapt them into something new. Friday evening is a dinner, fashion show and silent auction. Sat. I'm taking an all day class on Designing Better Crocheted Fashion Garments. I'm heavy on the designing this year, aren't I? This class is with Lily Chin, I've heard that she's great fun as an instructor and you learn a lot. Sunday morning, Make your Own Crochet Hook! This is with Nancy Nehring.
So, what classes didn't I take? Tunisian crochet goes Tubular and Magical Mitered Squares with Darla Fanton, I took a class with her last year, great experience. Overlay Crochet Designer with Melody MacDuffee, I took Melody's Basic Overlay class last year, and really loved it. I havent' been able to create anything of my own, or incorporate the technique into a design, yet. Maybe, this will be on the top of my list for next year.

1 Comments:

At Thursday, June 29, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hear how these classes work out for you! Looking forward to your post and lots of photos! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home