Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Friday, July 07, 2006

Another Serendipitous moment

Last night I picked up the Crafting Tranditions (Jan-Feb '96) that I picked up at the library sale. It has a cute heart doily that I wanted. Well, I discovered that the magazine also has a Valentine/heart afghan done in Tunisian! It has hearts & roses, and none of this straight afghan stitch and add the design in cross stitch. I'm not a big fan of cross stitch. Anyway, this pattern uses the Basic Afghan Stitch (BAS, aka Tunisian Simple Stitch, TSS), but also uses seed stitch, knit & purl, and a bobble. Lots of texture, lots of learning opportunity for crocheters to learn new techniques and stitches.
I started the doily while watching a movie with hubby, and I've finished 12 of the 15 rows, so this works up really fast and easy. I think I'll make up some of these to add to wedding gifts, but they'd also be nice to have on hand to give to a friend, a last minute birthday gift, etc. I'm going to finish my doily, and then get back to swatching for classes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home