Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Friday, June 30, 2006

Doily Magic Quilts

Well, there is a big discussion on the cplist (Crochet Partners)"Crochet Partners" about what to do with doilies. There are a lot of great, creative ideas. Someone sent a link to Sharon Rexroad's website. Sharon makes quilts with cut-up store bought doilies, and lace edging. There are links to sources of hand crocheted doilies which are generally priced from 50 cents to $1.50, a few are $3.50. Now, if I'm cutting up 6 or 8 doilies to sew onto a quilt, I imagine I'd only want to pay 50 cents or so for them. But if I'm the one crocheting the doilies, I sure would want to get more than 25 or 50 cents for each!

I love this quilt which was inspired by Sharon's books & website "Aruba Ocean doily quilt"

Home & Garden Television did a decorating show with Sharon Rexroad, here is a "how to" for a doily quilted wallhanging. "HGTV how to"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home