Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Monday, April 20, 2009

Latest project

I'm still thinking about the perfect sweater/top pattern for the jade cotton, but in the meantime I'm looking for other projects to use up stash yarn (and those beautiful things that I just had to have!).
I sampled some wonderful #10 thread in bamboo, and shortly after Annie's Attic Free Pattern of the Day had a beautiful baby dress in #10 thread. It's called Little Pink Princess and it was designed by Collete Blair. I usually prefer a very tightly twisted thread for doilies, etc which makes me always think it would be stiff and rough for a baby dress. The bamboo #10 would be fabulously soft! So I printed out the dress pattern and ordered 3 balls of pink. Yesterday I started on the dress, and have most of the bodice finished. This is so amazingly soft. Now, usually a softer fiber is produced by a softer twist, which means that the thread frizzes and seperates easily. The soft finish on this thread is all due to the bamboo fiber, and it still has a nice tight twist. No lint, frizzing, or splitting. I plan to write a full review later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home