Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Thursday, April 09, 2009

How is the organization process working?

How is the organization process working? and is it helpful?
Well, I thought that I had lost the papers with my list of stashed yarn purchased for sweaters/tops. But I found it. Must, must, must get some papers filed! Anyway, the first page has yarn weight, fiber content, color, #of skeins and total yardage of yarn in stock. Then I have several pages with names of patterns, location (specific book or magazine), fiber recommended, yarn weight, # of yards. Then I've been slowly making notes of what "in-stock" yarns might work with these patterns.

Last night I met a fellow needleworker for coffee at Borders. We had a good time playing with yarn, knitting, crocheting, Tunisian, swatching. She finished a few rows of her knitting - a diagonal baby afghan. I had great fun exploring her pattern in Tunisian. After the coffee was long gone, we went next door to Michaels just to see what they had. Michaels is promising a "new" yarn section for Spring. It looks like they're clearancing a lot of things, but odd categories. Like the Red Heart Super Saver, nomally $2.59, was on sale for $2.29, except for the red - it was $1.49. Neither of us felt that we needed red, even at those prices. Why wasn't the Tweed on sale for $1.49? There was a lovely shade of blue in the RH Designer Sport, but not enough skeins for a sweater, several other blue shades with plenty of skeins, but the color just wasn't as pretty. I'll wait. Then I found Bernat Softee Chunky for $1.99 a skein, only 6 skeins. Wait, I happen to have my stash notes in my project bag. I need x # of yards. Check the yardage, multiply on stash list, there's plenty for this project! So I bought yarn for a lovely sweater vest, total cost will be less than $14!!

I'm finishing up a little baby sweater today, but think that I just might start the sweater vest next. Would love to start stitching on that jade mercerized cotton! Love the color, but haven't settled on the perfect pattern, yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home