Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Monday, March 30, 2009

Short and Sweet

I finally selected a pattern and yarn from the stash and started on a sweater. The pattern is Short and Sweet Bolero from Stitch n'Bitch Crochet: The Happy Hooker, and the design is by Angela Best. I selected the Kraemer Yarn Little Lehigh Pebbles, it's made right here in Pennsylvania. The fiber is a DK weight in a cotton and acrylic blend. The colorway that I have is called It's A Boy. It's a baby blue with little flecks of green and fuchsia, the flecks are small and not tightly woven. Someone tried to pick the lint off the yarn on Tuesday evening, then realized that it belonged there!
First, selecting the size - the large has a finished bust of 45" and the extra large 50 1/2", to fit bust size 45 and 54, because the extra large is to have a 3" gap in the front. I need a to fit a 48, with a little ease to wear over a tank top or shell. I definitely don't want a 3" gap in the front, in fact the model in the photo looks like the top has an 8 or 9" gap. So I selected the Extra Large. Once I get the edging on, I think that it will just meet at the front. But I will have to block the lace out a little.
I started on Sunday evening, and allowing that I did lesson plans and graded papers on Monday, tutored Monday, taught on Tuesday, worked Wednesday, and led the Guild meeting Thursday evening; I think that I'm making great progress. I'm lengthening the body, and the body is about 3/4th of the length that I want. I stopped at this point to add the sleeves, so that I can better gauge how much yarn to leave for the edging, and then finish the body.

I'm now thinking that this pattern would be lovely in NaturallyCaron Spa, bamboo and acrylic blend. Maybe the Green Sheen or Berry Frappe!

The #3 fashion thread arrived for the next project, the Shallow V Overblouse from Crochet Fantasy. I'm still searching for the perfect pattern for the soy blend. Originally it was going to be my own design, possibly a sampler with some Tunisian, broomstick lace and/or hairpin lace. But I'm also in love with the Silk Sampler from the Readers' Digest book.

Patterns, yarns, threads, decisions,...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home