Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Friday, October 24, 2008

Today a reader posted a comment on my blog. She's interested in the two-color reversible technique that I showed at a CGOA meeting in March: At Thursday, October 23, 2008, momtothegreat said...
"I have been searching for this reversible, two-color pattern for over 30 years. I was given a beautiful baby afghan in several shades of pink, but have never been able to find instructions for it. Would you post the link where you found the pattern? Pretty please?"

I'd love to, but I can't see to find it! However, I did find several other sites that use the technique, which involves working into the current row, and the row below in one stitch. The result is one color on one side of the project and another color on the other side.

"Double Sided Afghan"
"Two-Toned Reversible Afghan"
"Reversible afghan"

This last one looks like the pattern that I used for my original swatch when learning the technique. I think it was in the 70's sometime.

"Reversible afghan" This pattern is a little different, but similar in technique.


A similar technique is call the waffle weave or thermal stitch. I purchased a pattern book by the American School of Needlework called Learned to Do Waffle Weave by Nancy Nehring. This technique also uses working into two different stitches in two different rows at the same time, however, it results in a textured fabric which shows both colors layered.

Both techniques result in beautiful fabrics very different than what you usually create with crochet. I recommend that you expand your crochet skills and learn these techniques.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home