Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Friday, February 22, 2008

Some folks must be becoming millionaires on eBay

I was looking at patterns on eBay this week. I have selected a few for baby afghans and made reasonable bids. There was a lovely white one that had blocks of Irish crochet roses as a larger border, then surrounded by a smaller border. It was lovely! It ended today,...at $17.35!!! With shipping, that's $20 for one pattern!
What were these people thinking. Another copy of it will probably show up in a few weeks, the seller hoping to get $20 for their copy, too. Most likely it'll go for $2or 3. Several people got involved in a bidding war, or an "I've got to have that" fever.
Meanwhile the patterns that I've bid on are sitting there at a nice 99 cents. I can get about $20 patterns at that rate!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home