Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Friday, February 01, 2008

Crochet in Public night

Our Tuesday nights at Michaels has been shifted a lot recently. We used to meet every 2nd and 4th Tuesday at Michaels, and the other Tuesdays at Borders. Lately, Michaels has needed the classroom for other classes, and has been shifting the Sit N Stitch to Mondays and Wednesdays. I usually can't make Mondays, preparing to teach on Tuesday, and once a month the Shawl Ministry. I can't make the Wednesdays at all, as that's a night I work at another job. So I've been making it to Borders every Tuesday. Some nights there are only three of us, other times it's a great crowd. Crocheters, knitters, and some who explore all types of needlework. There's a group of knitters who meet there once a month on Tuesday nights, it's a lot of fun to see what they're working on, what types of fibers they're using, etc.

This Tuesday the events coordinator approached us and asked if we'd like to have the group mentioned in their newsletter, were we open to adding new "members'. The more the merrier, and free advertising! We had to select a name rather quickly, and I vetoed anything with "hookers". It's a cute play on words, and I like the humor, but it turns a lot of people off. And we are a family group, we have at least 2 regulars who bring along their pre-teen daughters. So, I suggested "Hooks and Needles" as that covers all types of needlework. It was quickly agreed upon, and I'm eager to see the post in the next Borders newsletter. If you're in the Harrisburg/Paxtonia area, meet us on Tuesdays at the Borders on Route 22 in Paxtonia.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home