Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Book review - Way to Crochet!

Last Thursday I was at the library and decided to look at whether they had any crochet books in the children's section. I found two rather new books, and I liked them both. So, here's a short review, including all the information to locate the books at a local library, bookstore, or online.

Way to Crochet! 20 Cool, easy projects for Kids of all Ages.
Sherri & Michelle Haab (a mother-daughter writing team)
published in 2006, by Watson-Guptill Publications, NY

The book included supplies needed, and how to's - clear, well-written and plenty of photos. They were great projects for the pre-teen, young-teen set. Lots of jewelry; such as rings, bracelets, necklaces; accessories, such as headbands, belts, scarves, purses, a backpack; and put items such as cat toys and blankets. My favorite, because I don't think I've seen it anywhere else, was the crocheted shoelaces! The back of the book included a section on color theory, a project journal. There were interesting quotations scattered thoughout the book, and the projects included lots of beads, buttons, and fun.

Check out the book "on Amazon"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home