Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Monday, February 18, 2008

More Preparation for the Gathering of the Guilds

Saturday I spent all day driving, I picked up two chapter members at Starbucks,... fuel up it's a long day. We dropped flyers at AC Moore and Hancock Fabrics. Later in the day I dropped flyers at JoAnn Fabric, Michaels, and Borders. I tried to get to a new local yarn shop. It had hours posted on the Internet - Saturday 10 to 5. That's what it says on the store window, too. I arrived at 4:40, and the place was closed. This is not a good way to treat customers. Why should I drive to a shop that may or may not be open when I arrive, if I know about 5 other stores that will be open the hours that they have advertised?

Today I spent a long time on the Internet, reading all my crochet group postings, looking at crochet related websites, and finding some fanastic patterns. Do I really need more patterns? I did find the pattern that someone in the Shawl Ministry was asking about on Monday. It's a beautiful baby afghan, granny squares with a flower in the center. Instead of a flat flower, it has 3-dimensional petals. I studied the afghan and I could not figure out how the petals were made. It was exciting to come across the pattern book. Will look for it the next time I get out to Michaels.

This evening I spent some time blocking doilies, motifs and edgings. I think that I will use several of them in a display for the Gathering. I also spent time looking through several vintage books of doilies, tableclothes, bedspreads, and edgings. Still trying to decided on a runner. I'd like to do it all in one piece, but I've only found one of those that I really, really like; and I've done it once already. I just might do it again, it is pretty. But I am looking at several runners made with motifs, or using several bedspread or tablecloth motifs, and just making enough for a runner.

The next few days are school and work. So I'll probably be working extra on Thursday and Friday to finish up anything I want for the Gathering.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home