Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Friday, February 15, 2008

Pattern testing and editing

Tuesday evening I received a phone call from my sister. My niece had created a chemo hat of her own design, and wanted to get the pattern in writing and donate it to a worthy charity. My sister, an experienced crocheter was nominated to get the pattern down in "conventional" form. The call was a "How do I explain this?" After much discussion by the 3 of us on only 2 phones, they had it down in writing. Then my niece emailed the pattern to me, and I started on the test/edit stage. Last night I emailed her, including scans of the progress on the hat, only to get a reply that I didn't have it right. She gave me a little more information and photos of the hat that she had made. With a little more work, and a trip to the Frog Pond,...we ripped back 6 rounds, I worked again this evening and was able to make the hat look just like hers. I've made a few minor changes in the pattern wording and layout, and emailed the pattern and new scans of the finished hat back to my niece last this evening. Tomorrow I should hear from her whether it passes the designer's approval. It's a beautiful hat, I'm proud of my niece, and her generous heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home