Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Saturday, February 23, 2008

New motif finished

Last week I bought the booklet The Complete Guide to Thread Crochet, simply because of the lovely long-sleeved v-neck sweater in #10 thread. Okay, I might have been tempted by a few of the lace edgings, too and there's a cute runner with filet hearts.
I'm still searching for a pattern and trying to decide what I want to do for this runner that I've promised. I prefer working in one piece rather than motifs. Even though I do love motifs, I have to do the same thing over and over. I was looking at the book & decided that I'd try the motif used in the tablecloth. Well folks, I love this motif. It worked up quickly & easily & it's classic.



I may decided to make the runner with this motif. Or try this motif in the soy yarn that I bought for my sweater. A band of square motifs around the bottom edge of the sweater might just be a good starting point.
In the meantime, I need to search out a good quality thread in a light cream color. Away I go to "Handy Hands Tatting" website.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home