Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Friday, February 22, 2008

Gathering of the Guilds

I'm been working very hard at finishing up preparations for the Gathering of the Guilds. Last night I sent out 2 emails to the CGOA Chapter mailing list, 1 reminding them of the date, time and location, and 1 to those I knew were planning to participate rather than just attend. I finalized a lot of details for set up, displays, demonstrations. I've been working this week on creating a display of types of thread crochet, and motifs from the Antique Threadwork motif crochet-a-long. I also sorted out a lot of items that I wanted to display and items to sell. I had a long "To Do" list, and a "Thing to Take" list. Tomorrow I was going to make some 7 x 9 blocks for Warm Up America to show one of the things that we do for charity.
Well folks, we're getting hit by winter weather. This morning's weather predicted snow starting tonight (Thursday) continuing through Friday and Friday night, then changing to ice, freezing rain, etc on Saturday morning. So the Gathering organizers have cancelled the event. Not postponed, but cancelled, so it's a whole year before another Gathering. So today I sent out another email letting everyone know that the event was cancelled.

I spent part of the day creating a Yahoo Group for our CGOA Chapter.
Tomorrow will be a nice day to snuggle under an afghan and crochet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home