Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Wow, what's been happening since Thursday? I got a request for some crochet Christmas gifts, so I've been busy. I made two matching, small pineapple doilies, whipped one up Saturday evening, and one Sunday evening. I also made a snowflake motif for the Antique Threadwork motif Crochet-A-Long. Monday and Tuesday are school work days, but this evening I did go to the Sit N Stitch at Michaels.
A student of my beginning Tunisian class was working on a swatch that she started on her own. I answered questions and did a little review. She's got some aran yarn and wants to make a Tunisian Simple Stitch baby afghan, and add some cross stitching. We discussed different Tunisian stitches, and taking an advanced beginner class. I may have 2 students in January classes.
We also talked about a new Yarn Shop that's opening locally this weekend. We're got a small group planning to go EARLY Saturday morning. The website says they will be offering knitting and crochet classes, so I'm hoping they have some crochet pattern and technique books, and maybe Interweave Crochet magazine.
Then I worked on writing out the reverse shaping for a sweater pattern. That's for a crocheter on AllExperts.com. And I talked about the pattern and technique for the Amazing Star motifs. Several people may be purchasing this booklet from my recommendations.
I hope to block the motif and doilies tomorrow morning. Then scan and post the motif picture to the Threadwork group. After that I have an idea of another small project to do for a Christmas gift.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home