Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Saturday, October 20, 2007

Australian crochet in Powerhouse Museum

I had some fun at this site this morning. This museum's collection on domestic life in early Australia includes some beautiful crocheted items. It seems there is a lot more filet work than "in the round", but that just emphasizes the history and culture.
The link in the title takes you to a page about the place of needlework in everyday life. Click on the button on the upper left that says "show objects with images only" and then look at the list on the right. If there's a camera icon after the listing, there will be a photo of the item when you click on that link. I think my favorite would be the "filet doily with the kangaroo".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home