Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Friday, June 22, 2007

Doily progress continues

Wednesday morning I was crocheting on the doily, really loving the pattern. I have a new favorite designer!
Being a crazy math-loving person, I like to assess progress. I check occasionally and say "I'm 1/6 of the way around this round", or 1/4, 1/3, 1/2, etc. So I decide to check my progress before taking a lunch break. The previous round has scallops of 9 double crochets, some worked in the back loop only of the previous round. The current round is a complicated arrangement of double crochets in doubles in the current round and overlaying double trebles into the open front loop of the doubles in the round below. I count that I've completed 4 of these scallops, I'm 1/3 of the way around. That leaves 2/3, but wait, 2/3 has to be an even number, it doesn't look right. I count - 7 scallops left. what? I recount - clockwise, counterclock wise, from the back, doesn't matter how I count I've only got 11 scallops :-( I count previous rounds trying to find my mistake, looks like it was right at the beginning! Too much coffee and chattering while starting a new pattern? I'm going to have to rip it all out.

Since I'm starting over anyway, I think about other ways I could do my color changes, maybe only use 3 colors. Where would I change? The pattern has some fabulous texture, remember those overlays? There are also post stitches, clusters and split doubles, etc. I think it might look cool to have the rounds of overlay in a new color. So I start with the dark pink, and when I get to the round of overlay stitches, I switch to the light pink.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home