Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Friday, June 08, 2007

New doily off the hook

The contract pieces are all finished, packed and shipped. I relaxed Tuesday by making the May selection at "Doily of the Month"
one of many Yahoo crochet groups to which I belong. This pattern is called Two Tone Doily and is available at Celt's Vintage Crochet. The pattern is very simple, I finished it easily in less than a day. Okay, I didn't completely finish, it got too dark to do picots in dark purple thread, so I had to put it down Tuesday evening. I worked Wednesday and by the time I got home & picked it up again (after 10 pm) it was again too dark! This morning I finished the picot round, and this evening I blocked it. I should have a picture ready to post tomorrow.
I have the urge to start on another doily, something a little more challenging, since I finished the one I selected for relaxing. Maybe I'll get out the Mary Werst booklet, Extra-Special Doilies, that I purchased on May 14th, and haven't gotten into yet. Or maybe I'll finish that runner for my sister, and then get out the book. But I can start thinking about what color I might want to use!!!
Ah, on that note, I was searching for online sources of thread for another group, and have an open Window with some beautiful #8 DMC Perle cotton. What a great selection of gorgeous colors. Maybe I'll treat myself to some "extra nice" thread for the next project. "thread at Purse Paradise"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home