Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Saturday, June 16, 2007

Short break & back to work

I took a little break from crocheting since I had finished up the contract work and the runner. I had about 2 weeks before having another motif ready for the Crochet-a-Long, about 2 weeks before the next CGOA meeting, and a month before the next class I'm teaching at Michaels.
I read several books including Two Sweaters for My Father: Writing about Knitting by Perri Klaas. This book is about so much more than knitting, I should write a review. I took about 5 bags of yarn and thread to the basement and sorted them into their respective tubs. I thought I was going to get a little cleaning up done in the living room. But after about 24 hours, there I was bringing 2 armloads of yarn back upstairs, and playing with the Tunisian hooks. I swatched all kinds of stitch patterns before settling on something non-Tunisian for the next afghan I'm going to do. But I think I will do the next white baby shawl in Tunisian. I have about 10 skeins of sportweight yarn, only it's 1 or 2 of several different kinds. I'm thinking it might work up as a scrap 'ghan, all the same color and different textures. We'll see about that down the road.
I took a trip with my hubby to Strasburg, we toured the Train museum, spent several hours climbing around engines, and train cars out in the rail yard, and took a steam engine ride to Paradise. Then we came home and I settled into crocheting this afghan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home