Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Friday, January 26, 2007

Okay, maybe I can start to catch up. Nope, not possible, but I can a little done at a time.
After spending almost 3 weeks out of state, I'm only 1 week behind in lesson plans, and homework assignments, but 3 weeks behind in grading papers. If I'd only thought of having daughter #2 help with that while she was home. She's taken my classes for 5 years, and she assisted for 2 years after that. She knows what she's doing!
Having asked the shawl ministry at the church for 5 shawls for family members, I thought I'd better get back to the ones on my hook. I finished one from Homespun in Cyprus, a beautiful green that shades from off-white to a medium green. I worked it in Tunisian doubles on a P hook, this fabric is so soft! I'm also working on one that I'm alternating rows of Homespun Baroque (kind of a heathery, medium purple) and Homespun Tudor (a creamy base with some slate blue and purple). I pick up my color change on the left side, so that the new color slides through the loops of the first color. That makes the color changes a little softer, more muted. It's a great trick when you have a variegated that's a little strong, alternate with a solid color, making the color changes on the left.
The new Family Circle Easy Crochet has a beautiful baby layette in antique white. I may decide to make up the blanket for the shawl ministry. We give one to each baby baptized at the church.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home