Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Friday, November 10, 2006

One of the crochet-related things I'm doing this week is ...

getting things ready for a class that I'm going to teach. At the last Yarn Event at Michaels I pitched a class idea to the new Event Coordinator, and she liked the idea. Yesterday we met and I dropped off samples to display, and scheduled the class day and time. Yesterday I also "prettied up" the patterns I will be using and printed them out on heavy paper. I think I might purchase some card stock to print up the patterns that I will hand out to the students. Today I need to write up a class description, including cost, and make a list of materials needed. I also need to provide a source of the Tunisian hooks because Michaels doesn't carry them. When all this is together I need to email it to the Event Coordinator, and then gather materials for some demonstrations. I probably need to do a lot of cleaning & sorting of my crochet bag, I have everything!! in there.

Schedule:
Saturday, Nov. 11 1-4 pm Class Preview at Michaels
do some demonstrations of technique, answer questions and sign up students
Sunday, Dec. 3 2 -4 pm Basic Tunisian Crochet/ Scarf
Thursday, Dec. 14 4 -6 pm Basic Tunisian Crochet/ Scarf

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home