Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Today was a busy crochet day. I spent the morning downloading and printing vintage pattern books from the Antique Pattern Library, while reading posts from my many online groups. I found a motif that I like, will try that in thread, once I've finished a few of the thread items currently on the hooks. I finally got a chance to look at the magazines that have come in the mail, or that I've picked up at Borders. I had Crochet! (Nov), Interweave Crochet (Fall 2006), Family Circle Easy Crochet (Fall 2006) and I thought I bought that new magazine Today's Crochet but can't locate it now.
I worked several rows on a small doily, last night I flipped tnrough several doily books to find a small one that would go with the blue one I recently finished. It's a fairly easy pattern, but I am struggling a little because I'm using a Bates hook, the Boye #7 that I needed is in the black Spider doily. Maybe I should finish that up and free up that hook! I should be able to finish that doily tomorrow evening.
This evening I started reworking the border on the afghan to be raffled off at the studio. My daughter did the "frogging" while I wound the yarn into a ball. Instead of a simple round of double crochet in lavender, I put on a round of v stitches in sage, to mimic one of the early rounds in the flower blocks that make up the body of the afghan. Then I added the lavender back using 2 rows of single crochet. The final round will be a reverse single using the purple variegated. I'm much happier with the border, now.
Then my daughter decided to make chocolate chip cookies, and the two of us had to run to the grocery store for a few things. At the checkout there was a little booklet that I haven't seen before Better Homes & Gardens Learn to Crochet.

1 Comments:

At Sunday, October 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Would very much like to see a picture of that when you're done. I love creating afghans in Tunisian crochet, but find that the single crochet borders I use quite boring. Any suggestions on creating fabulous borders or any books on the subject?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home