Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Happy Dancing & singing to myself, while thinking of other ways to inspire others to crochet

I worked at the dance studio from 5 - 9 this evening, with some pre-algebra tutoring squeezed in. Got home at 10 pm, ready to relax in front of the tv with some easy crohceting.
I checked my email, and there was a letter from CGOA. I've been accepted as a Professional Member!!! Can I still look Professional if I do a Happy Dance alone in my kitchen?
Next I need to reprint my business cards, dropping the Associate between CGOA and Professional!
I'm currently interested in expanding my contract crocheting/pattern editing, along with designing.
I'm also interested in researching and preserving antique patterns, especially lace work and Tunisian. A Yahoo group that I enjoy being a part of is "the Antique Pattern Library". I like to select doilies, and inserts & edgings & work them up and display them in my home; I show them to friends at the Michaels Sit N Stitch, and enter them in the County & State Fairs. I hope this will inspire others to help preserve these beautiful works.
Happy Dancing & singing to myself, while thinking of other ways to inspire others to crochet. That sounds pretty good, I think I'll make that the title.

1 Comments:

At Sunday, October 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm happy dancing with you, Jane!
Congratulations on becoming a Professional Member of the CGOA! :)
~Dee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home