Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Harrisburg Area CGOA Chapter forming!

That's right, we've been working hard behind the scenes to get a chapter of the CGOA in the Harrisburg area! There is a chapter in Pittsburgh and one in Philadelphia, but Pennsylbania's a big state, we need several in Central PA.
Our first meeting is Thursday, Sept. 28th at 7 pm, at the East Shore Area Library, Colonial Park. That's on the Eastern edge of Harrisburg, behind the Colonial Park Mall.
The theme for the meeting is Getting to Know You through Crochet. The posters, and messages posted to online groups said to bring along a project you're working one, one you've finished, or a pattern of something you'd like to do. That reminds me, I've made a list of all the things I need to do tomorrow to get ready for the meeting, but I haven't selected a project to bring along. Maybe I'll just take the doily that I started at the Sit N Stitch at Michaels last night. Doilies, and Tunisian are my favorites,....I can take a couple Tunisian scarves.
I think October might be a planning meeting. Margie & I had a meeting and made a list of topics, themes, ideas, techniques, field trips. This meeting could be an opportunity for others to let us know what they want to do each month.
I should let you know more about that "we". Margie & I meet at the Spring Regional Conference in King of Prussia last year. When she found out I was in the Harrisburg area, she said we should start a local chapter. Since I had been thinking about that for several months, I was all for it. But, that was in March, you know, during the school year. When I got home from the conference I had a lot of school work to catch up on, and the chapter got left behind. Margie & I met again at the National in King of Prussia this July. Summertime, a few months free of lesson plans, grading papers, and a short tutoring schedule, much time for crochet.
Next weekend, there is Arts Community of Easton, where local artists will hold Open House at their studios. Susan Huxley, famous sweater designer and author of crochet books will be one of those artists. So, here's our first field trip opportunity!
Susan graciously offered to teach a class, and help get our Chapter rolling. She has a great class idea, she's sent me a picture, and it's a perfect item for Christmas gifts. While emailing & working out the final date, time, etc I should ask if I can post the picture here. Meetings, a field trip and a class, I'm excited!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home