Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Spider doily

This Spider doily is my latest project. I had purchased a pattern from Crochet Memories to make a Masquerade Party Crinoline Girl doily for Halloween, and planned for that to be my next project. But one of the groups that I belong to, I think Doily of the Month selected this Spider doily for October. My oldest daughter saw it and liked it, so it became the next thread project. I may get a scan of progress tomorrow & post it here.

In the meantime, I've finished the body of the Tunisian afghan that I was designing. I still love the look, but the Tunisian doubles do pull to the right at the top. Hoping that several rows of single crochet as a border will help pull it back into a nice rectangle. Otherwise, I may have to call it a Parallelogram afghan. Hey, I'm a math teacher! Tomorrow evening I'll try to get this border finished, also.

Also on the "to do" list is mail out the blue Spider Web doily.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home