Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Third Annual "It's all about the Purple Afghan" raffle

I've gotten a very good start on the third of a series. Each year I'm crocheting an afghan that is raffled off to benefit the dance studio where I work part time. The studio has a saying "It's all about the purple", and the first afghan was a ripple with a border of large hexagons with daisies. It was a great hit. Last year I selected a more difficult pattern, softer yarn, but made it all in amethyst. It was beautiful, but didn't grab the attention as well. So this year's afghan is made of granny squares with big flowers, I'm using plums and orchids.
Want a peek at the colors?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home