Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Sunday, June 26, 2005

Overlay Crochet

Take a few minutes to read Dee's blog entry about Melody MacDuffee's Overlay crochet class. "Crochet with Dee"
This is one of the classes that I took at the spring Conference in King of Prussia. It was a new technique for me, but love it. We had a group of 4 or 5 of us that were working cooperatively. Great fun! Everyone's square was different, but each one beautiful. I'm thinking of adding a little to mine, and making it into a purse. That seems to be my latest infatuation! Anyway, with the bright colors it will go with almost anything I choose to wear.

3 Comments:

At Tuesday, June 28, 2005, Blogger sara said...

I totally need to learn to do that. I think the CGOA has a correspondence class on that...Crochet! had an article on it a while back, too. Wonder where I put that issue....

 
At Wednesday, January 25, 2012, Blogger Norma said...

Sorry to ask! Where can I find a free pattern for overlay crochet motif? Would be so grateful!

 
At Thursday, January 26, 2012, Blogger Jane's Hooked on Crochet said...

I learned to do overlay crochet during a class with Melody MacDuffee. The class handouts included a few simple motifs. Melody has a gorgeous afghan in overlay in the book "50 Sensational Crochet Afghans & Throws", from the Needlecraft Shop. She is also featured in the book "Crochet Master Class" by Jean Leinhauser and Rita Weiss, and there is a pattern for a pillow cover in overlay crochet.

Link to the afghan book on Amazon: http://preview.tinyurl.com/73lc4y4
Link to the Master Class book on Amazon: http://preview.tinyurl.com/7n9wryh
Here is a link to Melody's website: http://www.melodysarts.com/

Jane

 

Post a Comment

<< Home