Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Sunday, June 12, 2005

Tunisan sampler shawl progress

I'm having great fun with this sampler shawl, I've worked in a lot of different stitches and stitch combinations. I can't use all the great stitches because of the different pattern multiples. I am working with 60 stitches, which gives me a greater possibility than a lot of other starting chains. 60 is a multiple of 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 10, 12, 15,...
Some of the stitch combinations would definitely show better on a smooth worsted weight yarn than they do one the Homespun. But then again, there are no glaring "That stitch combination is hideous, pull it all out."
I am about half way through the width of the shawl. I'm now trying to decide if I should continue looking for new stitch combinations, or start working the ones I've already done, in reverse order.

I'm also working more on the Must Have Blouse from 24 Hour Crochet Projects. It's a simple stitch pattern in mint green sport-weight yarn. Very relaxing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home