Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Friday, June 10, 2005

Sewing Month - Rather Off Topic

Well, it's that time of year... dance recital is the end of June, so I spend the month sewing costumes.
At work, I sewed white boas onto the very small tutus of the preschoolers. Slow process, but when the curtain goes up on those little girls, the entire audience has a quiet aahhh! Also, I had pants to hem. At home, I'm sewing badges onto Hubby's Scoutmaster uniforms, summer camp time. So I've done very little crocheting, or even planning. I have helped daughter with chaining, and single crochet. She decided today that she could make a dishcloth!
I would like to get started on the 2nd "It's all about the Purple" afghan, to be donated to be raffled off as a fund raiser for the dance studio. We were hoping to display it at the show to raise interest before the ticket selling actually started. I'd have to be a super fast crocheter, as the show is just 2 weeks away. I have several more costumes to hem, daughter would like me to finish sewing her corset and skirt for Renaissance Faire, and I will be working picture day at the studio, along with the weekly tutoring sessions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home