Jane's Hooked on Crochet

A place to write about my crocheting, things I'm learning, book reviews, ideas, projects in mind, works in progress, patterns, photos, fair entries, whatever...

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Small bits of this and that

Spent Saturday working at the dance studio - picture day. Then helped oldest with putting boning in her corset.
Sunday - Father's Day, we took Dad to dinner. Then put grommets into said corset
Today was picture day again, worked 4-8:30. But to relax when I got home I made a few swatches with wooden hooks. Have 2 more planned to make. I received my latest wooden hook in the mail today, from England. It's a large Tunisian hook. Very simple, it looks like someone just cut a hook into the end of a dowel rod and stained it. It has a "Bates"-style head (in-line right?). I'm thinking that it wouldn't be too difficult to cut it into a nice tapered head, then sand it. It also has no "stopper" on the end. So maybe my oldest, who does beautiful beaded jewelry, can help me add some fancy work to the end. The hook was cheap, it'll be a good place to start exploring. After we finish the corset, and the skirt for the outfit, she's going to make some beaded stitch markers for me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home